This family is totally spoiling me. They have the most fun when I take their pictures. Just yesterday, I took pictures of my own kids for Easter, and what a nightmare!! This family makes my family look like the Keystone Cops.
Anyway, on this occasion, Melissa (the mom) called and wanted some "I'm-30-and-I-feel-great" pictures. She has had a myriad of health problems, but this is her year! She's feeling good, looking awesome, and she's ready to tackle the world.
Unfortunately, before we had a chance to get some done, she had a minor setback, and it was just enough to frustrate her. But, in true Melissa fashion, she found the silver lining. Her new occasion for pictures was the celebration of her wedding anniversary. She's been married to her dear husband, Patrick, now for seven years, and in that time, they have grown with his daughter, adopted another daughter, and been each other's rocks.
Melissa's new picture quest: "I-feel-good; I-love-my-husband; let's-celebrate-our family"; and some "va-va-va-voom pictures" for Patrick's anniversary gift. Surprise, Patrick! Her new life goal: find some time for she and Patrick to reconnect as husband and wife...not as mom and dad; not as healthy husband takes care of sick wife. Just to be.
What a gift they are to each other. And I'm so lucky to get to watch and sometimes document their love.
Dear Heavenly Father,
Continue to bless Melissa and Patrick and their family. Thank You for bringing Melissa back to good health, and thank You for giving Patrick patience over these last seven years. I so appreciate Melissa' example of how not to feel sorry for yourself, and to find the good in every situation. I know You put her in my life for many reasons, but that example is just what I needed! You always know what we all need, God, and for that, I am most humbly thankful. In Your Son's Name I pray, amen.


1 comment:
What very cool pictures! You are a talented woman.
Post a Comment