10.28.2010

Wedded Bliss


I recently got to take some family photos of some new friends from our church.  This is one great family, and I'm so excited that they have chosen our church, because I just love spending time with them!  The occasion for these photos is their upcoming 20th anniversary.  Of course, I also took pictures of them with their daughter, but I got lots of fun pictures of just mom and dad.

Although in this case, it was "husband and wife".  They are so fantastic together.  As we were traipsing through the park, they were discussing their upcoming date night.  Their daughter had another social engagement, and they were planning to take full advantage.  This has happened for them (at last count), six weeks in a row, and they still seemed super excited.  (By the way, their big plans:  Outback and a bookstore ...bliss!)

As parents, we all love our kids, but we also love our spouses.  And we miss spending time with them...just them.  Joe and Mary retaught me on this day to take that chance when we can get it and enjoy that time!  My husband and I are doing that very thing next week -- we're headed to a concert.  And while I'm thrilled about the music, I'm nearly giddy about the time alone with him!

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for these new friends, Joe, Mary and Riley.  Thank you for leading them to our church so that we may help lead them to you.  Thank you, too, for making such strong marriages in our midst, to serve as examples.  Giving us each our partners is such a gift, Lord, and for that I thank you.  In your Son's name I pray, Amen.

1 comment:

Mynde said...

Wow- I really like those pictures too. You are good.

And congrats on that date thing. I'm giddy for you!