9.16.2010

Celebrating Time

These are the three kids of some dear friends of ours.  When I first met these friends, their oldest was maybe four years old?  It's been amazing to see them grow into these wonderful kids.  Somehow, I don't see the passage of time in our family very well -- too busy with everyday life, I suppose.  But when I see these pictures of our friends' kids, it's oh, so obvious.  Time is slipping by without slowing down.

And I couldn't be more grateful.

Yes, I miss those cuddly little hugs and kisses from my own kids, but I'm more excited to see the people they are becoming.  Each baby is, in fact, a promise of new life and a new chance to make an impact on the earth.  It's so rewarding to see when the hard work of infancy starts to pay off in a loving, giving, contributing young adult that you've tried to guide in the right ways.

And it just wouldn't be possible without God.

Dear Heavenly Father, Thank you for this family in our lives.  Thank you for their friendship, and help us to be good friends to them always.  Thank you for giving us all these healthy beautiful children, and show us how you want us to raise them so that their lives are devoted to good and to You.  Please continue to protect them as they grow, and help them to remember that all good comes from You.  In Your Son's name.  Amen.

1 comment:

Mynde said...

awww- shucks.

Thanks again for the beautiful photos- they are such a blessing!